Search

Crown Paradise in Cozumel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Elle, Modest Mouse is an American band. They are from Washington state, I think.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
helsinkiflyer,

I like french rap too- I will check out MC Solaar. Thanks for the suggestion.

For Christmas my husband got me a c.d. called World 2003 (there is aslo a 2002 version). It features different genres of music from all over the world.

One of my favorite songs on the c.d. is by a Senegalese artist called Darra J. French rap in a sense.

Ah, thanks--I think I was interchanging them with Franz Ferdinand in my mind. Possibly because I first heard them around the same time.

As much as I love Europe, I find Euro-pop to be pretty awful (USA pop isn't much better!) I do like French Cafe music, gypsy music,Rai dance music, Scandanavian folk music,Celtic music, etc, etc. Of course the UK has had some great pop music in the past, but I can't remember any memorable pop music in my Eurpoean travels. PS to our European friends - most European pop is virtually unknown in the US.

I'd love to hear more European music, but radio in Washington DC is horrible, and internet radio is inconvenient for me. I did buy a Manu Chau CD after I heard a song in Amsterdam a few years back.

Anybody familiar with XM Satellite radio? Is it worth the cost?

Crown Paradise in Cozumel

I have to disagree with you, Mucky! British *mainstream* music is essentially a load of mass-produced dross, but there are still loads of great British bands out there that are worth listening to (Belle & Sebastian, the Streets, Badly Drawn Boy, Franz Ferdinand, Morrissey, Basement Jaxx, etc.)! Try listening to BBC 6 music (online at www.bbc.co.uk/6music or on DAB radio) to hear something other than the latest manufactured boy band singing an Elton John cover.

And although there are some great French acts around at the moment (Manu Chao, Dolly, Air, etc.), the French charts are full of terrible manufactured boy/girl bands and Pop Idol winners. And we have to put up with Johnny Hallyday here too. ;-)

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 11:15 AM
Katherine

Some friends and I are planning a trip to Cozumel in April and got an all-inclusive to Crown Paradise. Has anyone been there before? Reviews?