Search

Zanzibar Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Zanzibar Anyone?

I am traveling to Tanzania with hubby next September. Not sure if Zanzibar is a must see. I don't want to go just for a beach resort. Is it an authentic site or just touristy?
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We enjoyed a day snorkeling with Safari Blue, and walking tours of Stone Town and a spice farm. Would have done more, but our flights were changed and we didn't have time.
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 09:10 AM

I loved the cultural aspect of Zanzibar and would return in a heartbeat.

I'm not a beach person but spent 4 days at the beach just relaxing after a 2 week safari then spent another 4 days in Stone Town taking day trips up island to Nungwi, Prison Island for the tortoises and strolling around the narrow streets of Old Stone Town.

It's a beautiful place to relax after a safari and yes there are touts but a courteous "no thank you" and you'll be left alone.
Old Nov 30th, 2017, 03:55 AM

Hi eznmomma,

It all depends on what you are looking for since you will be going with your hubby, it is a good place if you are looking for spending quality time together. As for the place being authentic, yes it is one of the best places to be in East Africa. Also it depends on the time you have. You can do the excursions like KathBC have mentioned it's divided into two...Beach & Stone Town. In Stone Town it's where you see the cultural bit with spice tours. Let me know if this was helpful
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 06:24 AM

The beaches and food are to die for, I've heard! And I know of many people who visit and enjoy the snorkelling and diving that is available on the island. Hope you decided to go!
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 06:36 AM

It isn't completely untouched when it comes to tourism, but it has managed to maintain its rugged authenticity so it is definitely worth going!
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 02:01 PM

World class Zanzibar

The beach and food is outside did world and I bet you that the relaxation spots are world class. You like certainly make it your go to destination for vacation. Come along with good music as well.