Rome Short Term Apartment rental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be in Rome for 3 nights in late September 2018 prior to boarding a cruise from Civitavecchia.
We rented an apartment on our last visit, but I know that there have been changes in rules about short term stays in some European cities. Are there restrictions on this in Rome?

We are 2 couples traveling together, and would like the convenience and comfort of an apartment as opposed to a simple hotel room. We will want 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, with a living room and basic kitchen. Our budget is about $350 or so per night with some flexibility.

We want to stay in a very central location to facilitate the ability to walk to many of the popular sights, piazzas, etc. We will search several sites, including Trip Advisor, but I always appreciate input and suggestions from Fodorites.

Thanks,
Barb
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 07:57 AM

We stayed 8 nights in Rome in March 2018 and used Sleep in Italy to rent an apartment. To the best of my knowledge, there is no restrictions on renting an apartment in Rome; certainly, none that I've seen before or since I rented my apartment. We were happy with Sleep in Italy; they were were responsive when we had questions about using the washing machine.

We stayed on a street off of Campo Dei Fiori and liked the location a lot. As it was just the 2 of us, the flat wouldn't be good for you, but we were happy with the agency.

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 10:23 AM

There are no legal restrictions against short-term rentals in Rome, and it is up to individual landlords if they want to rent out an apartment for 1 night or a minimum of 1 week, etc. It is very common to find quality rentals for 3 nights.

I like the agency Rome Loft (they have an easy to use website) and also check AirBnb for Rome. Many apartment rentals in Rome are listed with multiple agencies, and AirBnb is just another advertising platform for landlords. Many of the apartments advertised on AirBnB for Rome are run by people who have been doing this for a long time.
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 11:04 AM

We also used SleepinItaly and we're happy with their service. We rented in Trastevere, a 2 bedroom 1 bath.
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 11:16 AM

Most 2-bedroom apartments are set up for a family, parents and children. And the second bedroom is much less desireable than the master bedroom. The couple that got that room might feel cheated.

Something to think about.
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 12:33 PM

Can highly recommend Property 6707713, Homeaway; Grotta Pinta 3.
Located very close to Campo di Fiore, it offers generous space for four with two bathrooms, one en-suite.
Plenty of dining options close by, including the well regarded Roscioli bakery just 100 metres around the corner.
An added convenience is that the property is managed from a Stow your Bags office across the street where luggage can be stored if your arrival or departure times do not match with those for the apartment.
Expect to pay about $250 per night.
Old Nov 30th, 2017, 10:52 AM

<i>We stayed 8 nights in Rome in March 2018 ... </i>

Wow, could you tell us if anyone had been impeached yet?
Old Nov 30th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I have looked at most of the suggested sites above, but I am considering a unit offered by Sleep in Italy. I have sent an inquiry and will report back.

The Homeaway listing was not available for our dates.

Thanks,
Barb
Old Dec 1st, 2017, 04:26 AM

Haha, bvienci! You win the prize (whatever that is!):
And boy do I wish I could report news of an impeachment!!!

<< <<We stayed 8 nights in Rome in March 2018 ... >>

Wow, could you tell us if anyone had been impeached yet?>>