Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby

Old Oct 13th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! My husband and I are going on an Asia trip this month and will be visiting Seoul and Incheon for four days with our baby We are in our 30s and the little one just started walking. Does anybody have any tips or recommendations for fun things we can do while traveling with the little one? Many thanks in advance!
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 08:39 PM
kja

Babies are treasured in South Korea, so I suspect your little one will be warmly welcomed. I'm not sure whether it would suit -- your baby might be a bit too young -- but you might look into the Korean Folk Village. And there are huge fish in parts of the urban stream, Cheonggyecheon, that might capture a little one's interest, and it is a pleasant place to stroll.

You might find some ideas for yourselves, if not for your baby, in my trip report. The sections on Seoul are at the very beginning and end of the long -- but searchable -- trip report.
http://www.fodors.com/community/asia...outh-korea.cfm
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Also, is organic whole milk or regular whole milk readily available in Seoul? If so, does anyone know the translation for it? Thank you!
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for sharing your trip report, kja! I can't wait to read it!
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know the translation but google translate seems to. Just show the characters to whoever checks you into your hotel, or at a grocery store (big department stores usually have groceries in the basement). People in Korea have babies too...
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

... and not every country carries pasteurized homogenized cow's milk.
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back when I drank milk I preferrd it NOT to be homogenized, which has nothing to do with safety. However,

A quick search on "korea milk pasteurized" turned up this:

http://koreabridge.net/post/do-you-e...orea-fishstick
Old Oct 15th, 2017, 10:04 PM

Korea is a great place to travel with a child! The only worry would be to stay extra careful when crossing streets in the evenings, as I've found people can drive much too fast, so maybe carry your little one across the crosswalk just to be sure!
I would recommend going to some of the Palaces and parks in Seoul, as the wildlife is amazing, and the parks are really well taken care of, so there's no worry about running around and exploring with kids. I've also had some friends tell me about taking their kids to "kid cafes" which are becoming super popular in Seoul! They have large play centers and food, (think the old play McDonalds with better food and more safety equipment) where parents can relax in the AC (or heater) if the baby has more energy than you!

And if you get lost most places offer free wifi! even the public bus! So google maps in always available for getting around and checking timetables. And if you have iMessage/other wifi call apps you don't even need a SIM!
*I'd suggest a VPN if you're going to do this though since all the wifi is open and have very little security. I prefer ExpressVPN since I'm going through China and Asia often, but it should be good for anywhere!
Old Oct 18th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your insights, slane! I'm glad to hear that free wifi is readily available. I'll definitely keep the cross streets in mind and will be on the look out for one of those kid cafes!