Search

Pescara or Amalfi Coast - do both or just one

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2017, 12:24 PM
NDE
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pescara or Amalfi Coast - do both or just one

Am planning a trip to Italy in May and am torn between going to both Pescara and the Amalfi Coast but realize the extra travel time between the two might not be worth it (we are renting a car). Have a day and a half for Pescara and two -three days
for Amalfi Coast. Is Pescara (and swimming in the Adriatic) worth the time or should we snag an extra day and a half on the Amalfi coast and see some additional sites? thanks!!
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 04:49 PM

Definitely spend ALL your time on the Amalfi coast! We have stayed 2 times in Pescara on business trips and there is NO comparison to Amalfi coast!
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 06:21 PM
NDE
Original Poster

Thanks so much!!
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 08:50 PM

Pretty sure you wouldn't be swimming in Pescara in May anyway. With that little time, spend it all on the Amalfi coast.
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 08:38 AM
ekc

Absolutely spend all your time on the AC. I spend up to 2 weeks at a time in Positano and never get bored!

Start looking for lodging soon - many places book a year in advance.
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 10:22 AM

When they think of romantic images of Italy's coastline, many tourists think of the areas along Cinque Terre or the Amalfi coast: dramatic hillside towns perched on mountains that tumble to the sea.

Pescara, on the other hand, is relatively flat. It does have nice sandy beaches that tend to be packed with beach club chairs and cabanas in the summer. The town itself is mostly modern because much of it was destroyed in WWII.

I visited it as part of a trip to Abruzzo--it is a transportation hub for the region. My family is from the area so it was of interest to me; I am not sure others would make it a destination. The interior of Abruzzo is certainly stunning though.

All that being said, I actually enjoyed Pescara for its different perspective, after seeing many preserved, quaint towns that are given over to tourists.