Arriving and exporing Paris

Old May 9th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arriving and exporing Paris

Hello
i will be traveling with my family to Paris from Japan, I will be arriving to CDG and staying during my whole stay (4 days) at CDG Airport hotel. My parents will be joing us the next day after our arrival, coming from the USA but they will be arriving at ORY. looking at the travel distance form one place and another , I would like some sugestion on the bext way to get to see the main attractions. we want to see the Eifel Tower, Notradamus, the National Museum of Natural History and maybe go to Disneland for a day before we continue in our travels. i have been in Paris before, love it but it will be a first for the rest of my family.
My concern is the travel time between the airports and paris. like we are statying at CDG, would it be better, traveling from ORY to central paris, and stash the suitcases somewhere, before returning to our hotel, or travel back from ORY to CDG and then back to central paris to see the sights and return back to cdg for the night?
Old May 9th, 2015, 02:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1) suggest that decision to stay at CDG is a mistake
2) I've thought about alternatives about Orly and stashing luggage, yes, that makes most sense if you insist on staying at CDG.

If I went to Tokyo for 4 days would I really stay in Chiba?
Old May 9th, 2015, 02:43 AM

Do not stay at CDG.

I didn't know any airline from the US landed at Orly
Old May 9th, 2015, 02:57 AM

All of you should pick a central hotel to stay in, and meet there and sight see Paris from there. You would waste a lot of time going back and forth from the airports.
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:01 AM

Is there a way you can reconsider your plan to stay at CDG and instead stay at a hotel in central Paris? If so I recommend that you do to avoid wasting time and money going between the airport and the city every day.Paris is my favorite travel destination but I am sure I would not love it as much if we weren't able to wander its streets and get to know its neighborhood.
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:13 AM

Do NOT stay at CDG - you are adding about 2 hours a day travel time - and expense - to seeing Paris. You want a hotel with a central location so you can just step out the door and walk (or Metro) to the major sights.

You can get decent hotels in paris at almost any price point - I wouldn't stay at CDG even if the hotel were free. Exploring the charming neighborhoods is a major part of your visit to Paris - sitting at an airport at the end of hell and gone is just a huge waste of your valuable time.
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:13 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
In case you missed it <RED>DO NOT</RED> stay at CDG. That is an absolutely terrible idea.
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:42 AM

Why are you staying at the CDG hotel? You will spend a lot of time and money traveling back and forth. If you want to see Paris, I would stay in Paris.
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:46 AM

Choose a hotel in central Paris. You can go from CDG to your hotel and your parents can meet you there. No going back and forth to CDG which is inconvenient and expensive both in terms of time and money. That way you will have time and opportunity to visit the things you want to see in Paris.
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:49 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You will waste hours (literally hours) every day just traveling back and forth, not to mention the costs . . .

Just not a good place to stay (except maybe for one night before a very early morning flight out)
Old May 9th, 2015, 10:35 AM

I agree staying at the airport is a bad idea even if you want to go to Disneyland. There is a bus from CDG to it, but it would be easier to stay on the RER line direct to it on the Right Bank, which is RER A. You could stay near the Gare de Lyon in the 12th arrondisement as a compromise. On the RER A line to DIsneyland, and a stop for the Air France shuttle buses into the city (you don't have to fly Air France to use them). That bus is nice and it's easier than having to figure out the metro/RER sytem upon arrival. Now it goes from CDG to Gare de Lyon, but does not go frm Orly there. Parents could take a taxi from Orly, though, it's not as far as CDG. That's just one idea.

You could also stay around the Etoile (Arc de Triomphe, just off the Champs-Elysees) in the 8th arrondisement, if that's your style. I suspect you might like that, it's not for everyone but it sure beats CDG. It is near luxury shopping, and the Air France bus goes direct from Orly to it, and from CDG to it. And it's on the RER A line to Disneyland. A win win for both of you. There are expensive hotels around there, but I know of some more modest ones, also. And the usual chains, like Marriott, Sofitel.

This is one I've stayed at very nearby (but off the main drag, luckily), it is moderate in price and nice http://www.hotel-paris-regenceetoile.com/
Old May 9th, 2015, 11:36 AM

4 days in Paris and they are going to Disney--and I don't think there's a child involved?
Old May 9th, 2015, 02:43 PM

Why does that concern you, Gretchen? It's their vacation. none of your business
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:13 PM

Amusing thread. It was PT Barnum who had the greatest quote ever.
Old May 9th, 2015, 07:03 PM

OpenSkies airline flies direct from Newark and JFK to Orly airport.
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

hi
thank you for the sufestions, i will look into a hotel in central paris that is not expensive to save myself some time. thank you