Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Apartment Cuisine - What did you like from Picard?

Search

Paris Apartment Cuisine - What did you like from Picard?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another fan of Picard here. We eat lunches out most days, and cook dinner in most days, but not on jetlag day! Instead of the usual jetlag dinner of cheese, bread & wine, we hit the Picard. The rabbit in olive sauce is SO good. I don't mean ok, I mean GOOD. Tongue is good as well - nice sauces on both.

I will tell you what we didn't like: the Vietnamese selections. We were thinking they'd be good, but that was not the case. The reheating just didn't seem to work with them (unlike the traditional French dishes) so not only was the texture wrong, but it just wasn't very flavorful either.

But seriously, I could totally see someone being able to pull off calling that rabbit dish "homemade."

Have fun experimenting!
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Oh my, this is so exciting! Can't wait to try some of your suggestions.

YankyGal - Rabbit in olive sauce sounds really interesting.
Susanna - We love tabouli and lamb.

JoyC - I'll watch for a daily monop' for those times when I'm either too tired or too lazy to cook!

I'm also happy to find that there's a Picard in Beaune, where we'll be in an apartment for a week before coming to Paris.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

It took me awhile to find it for some reason, but here's a link to the page to search for Picard locations by postal code:

http://magasins.picard.fr/

There are many all over Paris, as well as in other places.
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

We're back from Paris and did try some things from Picard. We especially liked the tomato tarts, taboulé with menthe and raisins secs, and tajine de poulet aux abricots. Was disappointed not to find the rabbit with olive sauce or anything with lamb in the stores we visited.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions.
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I like the bags of miniature croissants, pains au chocolat and pains aux raisins, because I like to eat them before they get brown in the oven. I take them out just as they begin to go from white to yellow. Basically, I like just about everything undercooked.
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM

bookmarking
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 05:10 AM

ttt
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 05:40 AM

On our most recent sojourn to France, we spent 5 weeks during the winter in The Luberon. Mornings were often cold and we didn't always feel like walking into the village for a croissant. Picards baguettes, croissants and pain au chocolat were excellent, inexpensive and always nice and "warm" for our breakfasts.

We also had moussaka, pizza, and some other lovely things. I cannot remember exactly but I will say that everything was really very good and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend going with "whatever looks good to you"
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:52 PM

We used Picard products a lot during four month-long stays in Paris apartments. We pretty much liked everything that could be microwaved, but pastry items that required baking do not compare with what you get at the boulangerie down the street.
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM

Picard? How could Ihave missed it? Especially in Beaune? This is a great thread i will refer to next year! There must be one in the 14th!
Old Aug 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM

Try 83 RUE D'ALESIA, 3 RUE BREZIN, or 15 BOULEVARD BRUNE.
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:55 AM

hi, well not to bad, i usually buy some special meals for Christmas, but no very cheap
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:11 PM

I'm glad to see this thread from '11 has been revived. I'm hoping to get to Paris in November for 10 nights and will rent an apartment. I'll be watching this thread for suggestions!
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

During our spring trip this year, we went into the Picard near our apartment and were surprised to find that the tajine de poulet aux abricots was sold out. I learned from the cashier that it is one of their most popular items and always sells out quickly. We did get the nice tomato tarts and the taboulé we had enjoyed in 2011, along with other things.

If you go to http://magasins.picard.fr/ and put the postal code for your address in the box, you'll get a list of their locations near you. And if you click on "localiser sur la carte" you will get a map.
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:29 PM

I really enjoyed the duck confit. Also, I found it amusing that the guy in front of me in the checkout was wearing an apron, buying 8 or 10 boxes and bags of various items, and told the clerk to put it on their account.