Molker need advise on Spanish Riding School

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids (9 yrs and 4.5 yrs)

I am told to consider Spanish Riding School morning exercise rather than a full performance. What do you advise, as we dont want to buy tickets but kids still want to see horses. What time should we reach and where can we stand so that we can see the horses (without buying the tickets)
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 01:11 AM

I hope you and your kids are aware that the morning practice is not a show, it is just the regular training. It is of highest interest to anyone who knows at least a bit about dressage riding. Those who have no idea of dressage, however, will find it boring (and it is quite annoying for those who do care to be forced to listen to the endless expressions of disappointment from the ignorants).

Unless your kids do horseriding themselves, I'd advise against going. If you feel you must, prepare for long lines. Be there at least 45 minutes, better an hour earlier.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 01:43 AM

The stable area is just across a small street from the riding school itself.
The horses with their grooms cross the street back and forth during the time of the Morning exercise.
You can easily get very close to the horses.
Good chance to see the horses. Riders cross here too.
Large windows on the stable side allow views into the courtyard of the stables.
Normally some stable doors are open and the hores have their heads out to watch the activity.
Good chance for photos.
Of course this is free and perhaps makes smaller children happy to see them.

If wishing to view the morning exercise , no need to wait in a line before the opening time.

Go later and in most times you can buy ticket and walk immediately in.
Quite often tourists visit the exercise for a relatively short period- some leaving quite quickly oftwen unhappy as they assumed some type of " ciecus like " performance.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 08:06 AM

I wanted to see the actual show but did not want to spend a fortune on tickets. So I bought Standing Place tickets (around 23 euro). There are actually steps behidn the single row of seats on the balcony and you can sit there or stand and lean on the railing that is for that purpose. The show is 90 minutes so it is doable. The kids can sit on the steps if tired. I also went by the stables and was able to be very close to a horse that was being lead out to go to the arena. The show is beautiful if slightly overlong.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. Very very helpful. What time should I take kids to see the morning exercise,

Rgds