road trip toronto to nova scotia

Old Jul 24th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
road trip toronto to nova scotia

We are planning a 2 weeks trip to Nova Scotia, just wondering if anyone can given us an itinerary how we should drive down there. We are interested to do the
cape Breton
Halifax
PEI
NB Charlottetown
Bay of Fundy
we will be returning via the US.
We don't want to go back and forth so which should be our first and last stop before we return and how many days should we stay in each place. Is there any other places that we need to stop, we don't mind driving for couple of hours and then taking a halt for the night. We would like to:
do the scenic drive
whale watching
cabot trail
Cavendish beaches
and any other must see tourist places. we are flexible on adding another two days. We are both retired and this would be our first road trip to the east coast.
should we book our hotels in advance?
thanks
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 06:00 PM

A trip to Nova Scotia from where? And what does Newfoundland have to do with it? You call it at trip to Nova Scotia but only mention two NS places. Time of year might matter, too. Have you looked at a good map?
Old Jul 25th, 2015, 03:07 AM

Sounds like a great trip. You ought to be able to see most of what you are proposing in two weeks, but won’t have much time to linger. Definitely add the extra two days. I’m not familiar enough with the routes to suggest one, but I think you would be wise to have a long drive day at the beginning and end and maximize your time on the coast.

For Cape Breton, leave some flexibility in your schedule so you can wait out a foggy day if need be. The Cabot trip is amazing on a sunny day, but scary in the fog.

Some things you shouldn’t miss; The Bay of Fundy near Alma for the tides, Lunneberg and Mahone Bay in NS.

We usually camp so can’t help you with hotels.
Old Jul 30th, 2015, 08:03 AM

Don't miss out on Baddeck, it's a beautiful little town with a wonderful freshwater lake and the Alexander Graham Bell museum is there, definitely worth a visit,mew stayed at McIntyre Cabins once and another place that was awesome as well, I will try to think of it as well. Great trip. Also, you can have a wonderful sail on the lake at Baddeck. I would stay two nights in Baddeck!