Road trip France

Old Jun 13th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road trip France

Hi,
If all goes well I would like to plan a 2 week road trip to France. I live in the Netherlands so france is the best option for me personally for a vacation in august. I’m going with 2 friends from university so enough energy and time for an extensive road trip. We have all been to Paris so there is no need for us to go there as well. I’ve been kind of stuck with the planning since France is so big and so much to see. Does anyone have recommendations? I really want to go to Dune du Pilat and Puy de Dôme. I would love to see Provence, but Bordeaux also seems very nice. My ideal vacation would include beach, wine tasting, hiking, country side. So a bit of everything, not big on the museums and such but the Roman theater seems something worthy to see. My family is from Croatia and I love the country, so Provence is a bit more of my taste. A bit touristy is not bad but I hate the overdone popular places when they feel like they have been customized for tourists. I do not mind to go to the south and such but my friend also wanted to know if there’s anything to see in the north. I think south would be the best to orient in but open for everything! Hope I made it a bit clear, thankyou in advance for helping!
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 08:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I would suggest driving down to Alsace and then cutting across the Massif Central (Puy de Dôme) to the Atlantic coast (Dune du Pilat). And then of course you would return to the Netherlands along a different route. I love the Baie de Somme and the 2 capes (Blanc Nez and Gris Nez), so I say to follow the coast in the north. And of course it is never a mistake to stop off in Lille. Then again, the lace museum in Calais is astounding, and I personally have no interest in lace.

https://anyportinastorm.proboards.co...is-lace-museum