Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to drive my kids (ages 1-14) to Utah in the next couple of weeks. Looking to leave on Sunday and must be back in Los Angeles by Friday afternoon. My thought was to drive to St. George and spend Sunday night there. Drive and explore Zion National Park on Monday. Drive to Park City on Monday afternoon. Spend Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Park City. Drive back to St. George Thursday. Spend the night and drive back to Los Angeles on Friday. I have never been to any of these places and need major help in planning an itinerary! Is it possible to squeeze Bryce Canyon into the trip? What is there to do in the Park City area (I am choosing to stay there since they have a number of time shares and I need a 2 bedroom). What would be the best places to visit in Salt Lake City? We love to enjoy nature (though we cannot do any rigorous hikes with my 18 month old and 4 year odl). We love to learn and see historical/educational places. Thank you so so much in advance for any and all ideas on places go and things to see and comments on practicality of trip. I drove the kids to Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago and they were fine on the 8 hour car drive so that isn't a big issue.
Old Jul 25th, 2016, 06:09 AM

Your drive between LA and Park City will be 12 hours allowing for a few breaks for young kids. You are going to spemd a lot of numb butt time for a very short visit to any of the places you mention.

Since its August and Zion will be over 100 degrees, I think the best plan is to skip it this time. You would have to drive the hour from St George, be at the Visitors Center early enough to get a parking place, then pack everyone on to the shuttle. You would only have about 3 hours there before the 5 hour drive to PC. Save it for another trip when the littlest kids are old enough to enjoy it, you have time to plan and make reservations in Springdale, and its not so hot, either spring or fall.

Just google the Park City site and you will see there is plenty to do for a full week. Is one of your main motivations to use up a timeshare week? If not, then there are many other options for lodging with many bedrooms so dont limit yourself to a timeshare property unless that s what you want.
Old Jul 26th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Hi. Thank you so much. My motivation to stop in st. George was to break up the long ride with an interesting sight. Anywhere else, other than Las Vegas, to stop on the way? And I don't have accomodations yet. I am looking for a place that has a kitchen facility which is why I was looking for a time share. Any recommendations? Thanks so much.