My husband and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica this December and want to go for 2-3 weeks. I've been perusing the forums for top attractions, things to do, etc, but what we really want to know is about work exchanges.
We love organic gardening, hiking, yoga, natural medicine, animal sanctuaries, etc. and we want to spend a few weeks working somewhere 4-6 hours to get free accommodation and food. We speak English and German and very little Spanish.
Based on the things we like to do, can you recommend a place that we should check out for a work-exchange? Maybe you've done something like this here? We've researched websites like WWOOF and WorkAway, but it's always nice to hear from someone who has personal experience with this. Ideally, we'd work one week on an organic farm and then another week on an animal sanctuary or retreat center 5 days per week with weekends off to explore the beautiful region. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 2 Belize planning help
- 3 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 4 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 5 help with my itinerary
- 6 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 7 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 8 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 9 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 10 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 11 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 12 Book Today
- 13 Oaxaca City
- 14 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 15 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 16 live from PV !
- 17 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 18 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 19 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 20 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 21 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 22 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 23 Costa Maya beach
- 24 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 25 escorted tour Costa Rica