My family (inc. 8 and 11 year old) is headed to CR for first time for 9 days in August. We are thinking about starting in Arenal for three nights (Leaves and Lizards or Los Lagos) and then heading to Osa for 5 nights (BdC, Iguana and/or Lapos Rios). BdC sounds amazing and would like to visit for hiking, wildlife, etc. But I was thinking about splitting with Iguana or Lapos for surfing (boys wants to learn to surf) and diving (for my husband). We were going to try to also go to Nosara (Arenal - Osa - Nosara) but I think we will save time and flight $ by staying in Osa.
Any thoughts about these hotels in Arenal? We definitely want to go to Proyecto Asis and I'm not sure how we will decide between all the other activities in this area. Favorites?
Any thoughts about whether we need to split time in Osa to better enjoy water activities? If so, Iguana or LR? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact HP Tec*h care
- 2 Xunantunich vs Tikal
- 3 Sell me on Mexico for my vacation
- 4 Costa Rica in January
- 5 Honeymoon - Costa Rica
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary with Kids
- 7 Back to Oaxaca.
- 8 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen
- 9 Help me plan a trip to Mexico City and San Miguel De Allende
- 10 Puerto Vallarta
- 11 playa del carmen
- 12 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 13 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 14 First time in MC
- 15 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 16 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 17 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 18 bugs in belize
- 19 Pollution in Mexico City
- 20 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 21 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 22 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 23 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 24 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 25 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico