I'm learning Spanish for a while in Guatemala next year (Jan-April). It's cheapest to fly into LA (I'm from New Zealand) so I was thinking of taking a few days to journey through Mexico to San Pedro in Guatemala. I'm quite keen to see a bit of Mexico if possible but I don't mind a flying visit as I want to concentrate on Guatemala. I've tried to find package tours like Contiki but they don't seem to operate for Latin America (???)
Does anyone know anything about the best way of doing this? How much does it cost to bus (US $ is fine)? How many days should I allow for the trip? Are the buses horrible and not fun? Does Mexico have trains?
Thanks very much. Also, any information about the San Pedro Spanish School would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 2 Belize planning help
- 3 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 4 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 5 help with my itinerary
- 6 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 7 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 8 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 9 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 10 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 11 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 12 Book Today
- 13 Oaxaca City
- 14 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 15 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 16 live from PV !
- 17 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 18 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 19 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 20 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 21 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 22 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 23 Costa Maya beach
- 24 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 25 escorted tour Costa Rica