I am 24 years old and heading to Costa Rica for 6 weeks in April/May before starting my new job at home. My plan is to do a 4 week conservation volunteering programme and then spend 2 weeks exploring. I can't wait!
At the moment, I am torn between two programmes and I'm seeking advice from anyone who has spent time in Costa Rica:
- Option A is a 4 week programme based inside the Tortuguero National Park, its main focus is on turtle conservation however it will involve other bird and mammal surveys too.
- Option B is a 4 week programme based 17km outside Corcovado National Park, it will involve both turtle and mammal surveys however I gather that April/May is not turtle season there.
I've read that both national parks are very special and quite different from one another, does anyone who has spent time in both areas have any feedback as to which one would be a better place to do 4 weeks of conservation volunteering?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1:800:570:1233 MA!L Pa$$word Reset Online YAHOO CONTACT Tec*h …
- 2 Should we go to Los Cabos or Puerto Vallarta in July?
- 3 live from PV !
- 4 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 5 HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 6 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 7 Belize planning help-choosing your guides
- 8 playa del carmen what to do
- 9 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 10 Belize planning help
- 11 help with my itinerary
- 12 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 13 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 14 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 15 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 16 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 17 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 18 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 19 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 20 Book Today
- 21 Oaxaca City
- 22 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 23 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 24 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 25 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
TORTUGUERO OR CORCOVADO AREA FOR ONE MONTH VOLUNTEER TRIP IN APRIL/MAY