I've been reading these forums with great interest. I love all of the great advice and ideas.
My husband and I both backpacked in Europe and Asia when we were much younger (!!!) and are therefore fairly experienced in budget travel. We haven't had a holiday in a long time due to budget constraints and we are definitely looking for good 'bang for our buck' but also someplace safe to expose our children to.
We have three children, ages 16, 13 and 10. We live in Vancouver, BC and we have been researching Central America as a destination to take our kids for an approximately 3 week adventure of backpacking around. Currently, we've been eyeballing Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Costa Rica. We are thinking of March 2015.
Any advice or thoughts are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize planning help
- 2 help with my itinerary
- 3 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 4 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 5 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 6 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 7 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 8 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 9 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 10 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 11 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 12 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 13 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 14 Book Today
- 15 Oaxaca City
- 16 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 17 live from PV !
- 18 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 19 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 20 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 21 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 22 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 23 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 24 Costa Maya beach
- 25 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom