We'll be heading to Costa Rica in January for our honeymoon.
We are trying to decide on our accommodations for Arenal. Normally, the posted $415/night price at The Springs would be out of our budget, but there is a deal online for about $250/night right now (deal expires tomorrow night!). My brother raves about the place, as he stayed there on his honeymoon a few years ago, and wants to treat us to a night there as a wedding gift.
My dilemma is this: The Springs seems a bit over the top for me, and I have read other reviews that have said as much, that is seems a bit "Disney" etc...
Nayara seems very luxurious, while being quieter, smaller and perhaps more authentic? However, my brother tells me that I really want to stay somewhere that has it's own Springs (I am aware that there are other places that have their own springs...Tabacon, Silencio etc, but right now Im trying to weigh Nayara vs The Springs).
Being that the price between Nayara and The Springs is about the same with this internet deal- does anyone have a preference? Is the Springs as loud and busy as I fear it might be? Is it possible to relax in one of the springs at The Springs without throngs of tourists or packs of splashing kids around??
Would it be silly to spend one night at The Springs, and the other 2 nights at Nayara?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 AOL @ Password Reset Contact 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 3 First time in MC
- 4 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 5 Back to Oaxaca.
- 6 playa del carmen
- 7 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 8 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 9 bugs in belize
- 10 Pollution in Mexico City
- 11 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 12 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 13 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 14 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 15 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 16 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 17 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 18 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 19 Nicaragua
- 20 Winter escape
- 21 Entry into Cancun
- 22 San Blas
- 23 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 24 live from PV !
- 25 five days in Costa Rica in February