I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~866~201:6261 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Technical M9*!
- 2 Cabo- HI Resort AI vs. Sheraton ??
- 3 Costa Rica Itinerary with Kids
- 4 Sell me on Mexico for my vacation
- 5 Honeymoon - Costa Rica
- 6 Costa Rica in January
- 7 Xunantunich vs Tikal
- 8 Back to Oaxaca.
- 9 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen
- 10 Help me plan a trip to Mexico City and San Miguel De Allende
- 11 Puerto Vallarta
- 12 playa del carmen
- 13 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 14 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 15 First time in MC
- 16 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 18 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 19 bugs in belize
- 20 Pollution in Mexico City
- 21 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 22 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 23 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 24 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 25 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City