My partner and I are heading to PV for 5 nights from Good Friday until the Wednesday after Easter Monday. We realize its going to be busy in PV with all the tourists and Mexican nationals vacationing.
Would anyone be able to recommend some beaches that are further away to avoid the crowds? Also how to best get there as we are staying at an airb&b right on the Malecon (I know...bad decision in hindsight but that's what we are stuck with).
Also what street parties/parades/festivals are fun during this time? We want to be able to enjoy this atmosphere of partying, culture and all that Semana Santa has to offer!
Overall I'm hoping that while the town will be busy and festive, we can also escape for some relaxation when we aren't looking to partake in the festivities.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 2 help with my itinerary
- 3 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 4 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 5 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 6 Belize planning help
- 7 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 8 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 9 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 10 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 11 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 12 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 13 Book Today
- 14 Oaxaca City
- 15 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 16 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 17 live from PV !
- 18 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 19 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 20 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 21 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 22 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 23 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 24 Costa Maya beach
- 25 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom