My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 MICROSOFT OFFICE Installation 1844~853:3131 Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7VS
- 2 Back to Oaxaca.
- 3 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen
- 4 Sell me on Mexico for my vacation
- 5 Help me plan a trip to Mexico City and San Miguel De Allende
- 6 Costa Rica in January
- 7 Honeymoon - Costa Rica
- 8 Xunantunich vs Tikal
- 9 Puerto Vallarta
- 10 playa del carmen
- 11 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 12 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 13 First time in MC
- 14 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 15 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 16 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 17 bugs in belize
- 18 Pollution in Mexico City
- 19 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 20 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 21 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 22 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 23 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 24 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 25 San Miguel or Mexico City
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter