So I am planning a trip to Panama this november and need some basic help determining what to do so I can plan how many days I need to take off from work. I am well travelled and have been to Costa Rica already, but my girlfriend has yet to be outside the U.S. We are in our early 40's and like a little bit of everything. I want to show her as much as possible, new things she has never seen. So here are my initial thoughts after reading a few posts and quickly searching some websites:
birdwatching - pipeline
animals - soberania park (I want her to see monkeys )
That's all I have as definite, I was thinking a day or two an Gamboa resort, monkey island tour etc. The city itself probably just casco viejo area and .......?
Now here is the tricky part - what else?? She loves to snorkel, fish, kayak, white water rafting, coffee. Where should/could we do that? What about indian villages - kuna yala, yandup?? El Valle area?? Volcano worth seeing? It's extinct right? canopy tours and zipline would be fun too. Like I said I have been to Costa Rica so I have seen birds/monkeys/ziplines etc so I would love to throw in something new for me.
So if we arrive at 10:30 am do I spend the rest of the day seeing panama city town and spend the night in the city, then get up go to canal/locks and then off to soberania park for 2 (??) nights doing the wildlife thing and then where to?
I could add as few as 2 days and as many as 5 to that. We like to be busy, but not frantic - she could sit on the beach for a week, I would kill someone after 6 hours - lol. I am sure we could stay busy for 3 months there, but would like nice mix of wildlife, history, water activity and that "x" factor if you know what I mean.
thanks for listening and any help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 2 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 3 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 4 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 5 Book Today
- 6 Oaxaca City
- 7 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 8 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 9 live from PV !
- 10 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 11 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 12 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 13 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 14 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 15 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 16 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 17 Costa Maya beach
- 18 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 19 escorted tour Costa Rica
- 20 Disturbing infor about Trip Advisor deleting reviews of sexual assualts
- 21 Which ruins.
- 22 Merida Restaurant on Christmas
- 23 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 25 Help with perfect/balanced itinerary in Belize