We've had awesome luck getting quality advice on this board on previous trips and decided to give it another shot! We live in Chicago and are looking for a week-long get-away that won't be too taxing travel-wise (from a time in air or jet-lag standpoint) or budget-wise ($2k or so). As far as Central/South America goes, we''ve been all over Mexico and to Costa Rica and Peru (providing that as context).
We've heard good things about Hondouras and Nicaragua but are still trying to sort things out.
Beaches (but we want more to do than just lay around)
Snorkeling (no scuba)
Hiking (after the Inca Trail I think it'll be a few years before my wife is game for anything more than day-trip hikes)
GOOD FOOD (we're spoiled in Chicago)
Good bars (but we're not into clubbing and don't need too robust of a night life)
Mountains (me more than my wife)
Reasonably nice hotels (don't have to be super-fancy)
Let's see here... Anything else? Oh, we don't speak any Spanish.
I know I'm being pretty vague here, but any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset Contact 1:844:853:3131 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24by7
- 2 Help me plan a trip to Mexico City and San Miguel De Allende
- 3 Sell me on Mexico for my vacation
- 4 Honeymoon - Costa Rica
- 5 Xunantunich vs Tikal
- 6 Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Costa Rica in January
- 8 playa del carmen
- 9 Back to Oaxaca.
- 10 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 11 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 12 First time in MC
- 13 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 14 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 15 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 16 bugs in belize
- 17 Pollution in Mexico City
- 18 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 19 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 20 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 21 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 22 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 23 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 24 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 25 Oaxaca Suggestions