We are a couple planning a trip to Mexico & Guatemala - we have one month from mid September to Mid October.
We can start and finish from either country. We rarely get a chance to travel for a month so I want to get it right.
We want to visit Mexico & Guatemala and combine local culture, nature, cities + night life, some light trekking, and some 'lay-on-the-white-sand-beach-with-drinks' style vacation, all in good balance. I also very much like to combine some off-the-beaten-track village(s) and place(s), I can speak fluent Spanish so no problems getting around. I've been in Mexico city (only) before for 10 days.
In addition I am also a diver (she's not so it'll have to be 2-3 dives max in a sweet spot). We are both foodies and love local food and special recommendations on that matter too.
Not too tight, we'll sleep in private rooms, but mostly we prefer to be efficient with the time so internal flights are a necessity I think, but I really didn't find the right 1-month itinerary which combines all of our wishes and keep it efficient with minimum long bus rides and wasteful border crossings.
Can you guys help me out on how to plan this right?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 2 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 3 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 4 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 5 Book Today
- 6 Oaxaca City
- 7 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 8 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 9 live from PV !
- 10 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 11 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 12 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 13 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 14 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 15 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 16 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 17 Costa Maya beach
- 18 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 19 escorted tour Costa Rica
- 20 Disturbing infor about Trip Advisor deleting reviews of sexual assualts
- 21 Which ruins.
- 22 Merida Restaurant on Christmas
- 23 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 25 Help with perfect/balanced itinerary in Belize