I admittedly have not started doing any research at all, but I want to know if I am on the right track with Costa Rica. We have done the Caribbean a few times with and without our kids - Jamaica, Bahamas, DR, Anguilla, St. Thomas & St. John, Turks & Caicos, and Cancun on college spring break, though that hardly counts!
I said to my husband out of the blue that this year I wanted to see monkeys and do ziplines on spring break. I don't know if I came up with the idea of Costa Rica or if it was recommended by a friend but it seems like it could fit the bill. Once I decide on a country or island I will do TONS of research, but I thought you could help me decide if I am even on the right track. These are some of the things I am looking for (and this list is admittedly mostly for myself so some things may seem silly to you):
- Monkeys & zipline (i.,e., kid friendly adventure and wildlife)
- 8 nights, fine to split between 2 hotels, 1 in jungle and 1 on beach
- probably jungle first, then beach
- maybe surf lessons on beach
- not too far from airport especially on return
- time zone not too far off from East Coast
- kid friendly resorts
- direct flight from NYC, preferably JFK but Newark might be ok.
- budget is not really an issue - I know there will be resorts in every budget and we are happy to splurge to get whatever amenities we decide we are looking for on this trip.
It might seem like I'm asking for specific resort requests and I'm really not. I'm sure every COUNTRY has kid friendly resorts, so it might seem silly to list that as a requirement, but still there might be entire countries that I would say would be better explored by adults, though I can't think of one now! I hope you all get what I mean.
We will be going on spring break in April, by the way.
So does it sound like CR could fit the bill?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 BROTHER @ Passwords Reset Contact @ 1800~681~7208 $ BROTHER Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 3 HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 4 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 5 Belize planning help-choosing your guides
- 6 playa del carmen what to do
- 7 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 8 Belize planning help
- 9 help with my itinerary
- 10 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 11 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 12 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 13 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 14 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 15 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 16 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 17 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 18 Book Today
- 19 Oaxaca City
- 20 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 21 live from PV !
- 22 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 23 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 24 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 25 Car rental in Costa Rica
On the right track? family trip to Costa Rica with 8 & 10 YO