Hi Mexico experts...
Besides Cancun a lifetime ago, I've never been to Mexico.
A friend and his wife recently built a retirement home in Oaxaca and have invited us to come vacation there. They are only there October-April. I don't want to say "we are thinking of coming" unless I'm pretty certain we will go and so I'm doing my research.
I've read a bit, and it looks like an interesting way to spend spring break with my daughter. She is studying Spanish and is interested in languages as well as crafts, markets, local color, archeological sites.
I like art and crafts as well and would love to learn a few Spanish phrases.
My idea was to do a language school a couple hours a day and hang out in the city and environs - nothing too taxing. Possibly get a trip to the beach for the weekend although that may be ambitious - we probably only have about 8 days.
My friend and his wife are lovely and she is a local with family aplenty.
What do you think?? Any firsthand experiences? Language programs? Restaurants? Culture you enjoyed.
(Weighing this against a week in Europe with visit to our good friends in Zürich.)
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 2 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 3 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 4 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 5 Book Today
- 6 Oaxaca City
- 7 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 8 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 9 live from PV !
- 10 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 11 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 12 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 13 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 14 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 15 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 16 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 17 Costa Maya beach
- 18 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 19 escorted tour Costa Rica
- 20 Disturbing infor about Trip Advisor deleting reviews of sexual assualts
- 21 Which ruins.
- 22 Merida Restaurant on Christmas
- 23 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 25 Help with perfect/balanced itinerary in Belize
Oaxaca in March with my 17-year-old? Opinions/ideas sought.
Hi Mexico experts...