I am getting married mid-November and will be taking my honeymoon towards the end of November. We have a $8,000.00 - $10,000.00 budget.
We want to be warm (80 degrees f or higher) and we want the water somewhat warm (79 - 84 degrees f) as well. We do not want to deal with crazy bugs when sleeping, so air conditioning would be huge. I have no problem being near the jungle as long as we have AC.
We also want a plunge pool (again, adhering to somewhat warm temperatures).
I am unsure about the all-inclusive. I have been told to buy the all inclusive if it includes beer and liquor because you will pay out the nose for drinks. I am curious to get other people's impressions.
Although I am posting on the "Mexico/Central America" board, I am open to all suggestions, including South America (Argentina), or the Caribbean. We don't want to do Costa Rica at this time because we know we will likely be going there with friends at some time in the future.
My fiance loves culinary arts and it would help if a.) the resort had more than 1 restaurant, or b.) the resort is near a city/town that is safe for Americans. Also, I presume that if we are on the beach, we may go fishing one day and would like the kitchen to clean/cook it for us.
I am on the fence about being on the beach vs. being near the jungle. We want to make sure there are sufficient activities as well. Some calm activities and some intense activities, like sky diving.
Sorry for the long post. I know it seems like we are picky, but I just want to make sure it is an amazing experience.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 contact installations hp Tec*h care 24*7vk
- 2 playa del carmen what to do
- 3 Belize planning help-choosing your guides
- 4 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 5 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 6 Belize planning help
- 7 help with my itinerary
- 8 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 9 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 10 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 11 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 12 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 13 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 14 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 15 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 16 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 17 Book Today
- 18 Oaxaca City
- 19 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 20 live from PV !
- 21 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 22 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 23 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 24 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 25 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe