I am planning on doing a 1 month solo-trip around mexico. I will most likely fly in and out of Mexico city or Cancun as they have the most attractive airfares. I backpacked through nearly all of Central America last spring. I loved it but the more expensive airfare and the fact that I've been there already are discouraging me from going back, so I decided on Mexico.
I don't feel like rushing around too much this trip and would be happy to stay in one place for up to a week or so. I'm not interested in the resort towns and am hoping to avoid the most touristy areas. I've been to Tikal in Guatemala so ruins are not a priority of mine though I'd be happy to visit some it is not too far off my path.
Ideally I would like to get in some surfing (I'm a beginner/intermediate), maybe some scuba diving, though again not a priority, definitely some beach time, experience some Mexican culture and just chill out a bit. If you guys have any suggestions for towns/cities with lots to do and a good vibe I would love to hear them.
I hope to do this on a backpacker's budget of around 40$ a day, though I am willing to splurge when necessary (eg. Scuba). I would be traveling by bus, staying in hostels and eating street food whenever possible (much to the chagrin of my digestive system). I would love to hear your suggestions of places I should check out. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Verizon 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Oaxaca restaurants - suggestions?
- 3 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen
- 4 Oaxaca City
- 5 Should we go to Los Cabos or Puerto Vallarta in July?
- 6 live from PV !
- 7 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 8 HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 9 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 10 Belize planning help-choosing your guides
- 11 playa del carmen what to do
- 12 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 13 Belize planning help
- 14 help with my itinerary
- 15 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 16 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 17 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 18 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 19 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 20 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 21 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 22 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 23 Book Today
- 24 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 25 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions