I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7vs
- 2 YAHOO sPassword ResetContact 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*hh 24*7
- 3 Back to Oaxaca.
- 4 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 5 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 6 First time in MC
- 7 playa del carmen
- 8 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 9 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 10 bugs in belize
- 11 Pollution in Mexico City
- 12 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 13 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 14 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 17 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 18 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 19 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 20 Nicaragua
- 21 Winter escape
- 22 Entry into Cancun
- 23 San Blas
- 24 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 25 live from PV !