My boyfriend and I are traveling to Malpais at the end of Feb for 5 nights (Sat - Thurs). This is our first time in CR and looking to you guys for some advice/suggestions. We are in our late 20's. Would be so appreciative of any help!
-We fly in to San Jose (arrive 9am local time) - do you recommend we take flight to Tambor or rent a car and drive? Whichever we decide we would also do on our way back Thurs (flight later in evening).
-We are staying at Casa Chameleon for the last 2 nights. Any recommendations on a hotel that is more "central" for the first 3 nights? I hear CC is far.
-How do people get around at night? Is it dangerous to drive back from dinner/bar in dark?
-We probably will want to do 1 (maybe 2 day trips). Given the fact that this is our first time, any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HP printer I~800~681:7208 installations contact HP Tec*h supp0rt 24/7 vs
- 2 Back to Oaxaca.
- 3 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 4 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 5 First time in MC
- 6 playa del carmen
- 7 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 8 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 9 bugs in belize
- 10 Pollution in Mexico City
- 11 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 12 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 13 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 14 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 15 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 16 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 17 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 18 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 19 Nicaragua
- 20 Winter escape
- 21 Entry into Cancun
- 22 San Blas
- 23 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 24 live from PV !
- 25 five days in Costa Rica in February