I would like to ask for some help with my itinerary.
My daughter (21) and I will be traveling through Costa Rica during the first 2 weeks of April. I know this is top season but we have no other choice (depending on school holidays).
Our main interests are spotting any kind of wildlife, hiking (15 to 20 km), enjoying nature, ...
We are now thinking about:
1 - 2 April : Tortuguero
As it is not the nesting turtle season and the chance of seeing a leatherback turtle coming on shore, is this still worth the trip?
3-4 April : La Fortuna - Arenal
Is one full day enough? I've read there is not so many wildlife there ...
5 - 6 April : Monteverde - Santa Elena
Same question here
We would love to do some of the thrilling option they offer in that area, but it's all so very expensive. So what's the most 'must do' there (Canopy tour, Sky Trek, Sky Walk)?
7 - 8 April : Tamarindo
We're hoping to see the leatherback turtle come ashore in P.N. Marino Las Baulas. Does anybody know if there is a night watch looking out for them?
9-10-11 April: Manuel Antonio
Are 2 full days to much? Is this a good snorkel spot?
12-13 April: ???
14 April: evening flight back home
What do you think about this itinerary? Would you advise us to go to Drake Bay on April 12th? Or Uvita?
Would you change the order because of the high tourist season or doesn't that matter?
Thank you all very much in advance for any support you can give us!
Thanks a lot and warm regards
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 शिकार ICLOUD $Password Reset Contact 1:888:260:2909 ICLOUD Tec*hh
- 2 Back to Oaxaca.
- 3 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 4 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 5 First time in MC
- 6 playa del carmen
- 7 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 8 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 9 bugs in belize
- 10 Pollution in Mexico City
- 11 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 12 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 13 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 14 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 15 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 16 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 17 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 18 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 19 Nicaragua
- 20 Winter escape
- 21 Entry into Cancun
- 22 San Blas
- 23 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 24 live from PV !
- 25 five days in Costa Rica in February