These forums have always been so helpful. A friend and I found a great flight (last minute) to Costa Rica, but I realize that this is the high season and finding places to stay will be difficult. I am not sure where to start, but this is what I was thinking:
- Arrive in San Jose and spend night there (we get in on an 2 am flight)
- Drive to Tamarindo (with a stop in Nisara) for 2-3 days for NYE
- Day visit to Rincon de la vieja
- Day visit to Monteverde
-Drive to Arenal for 1 day
-Drive to Manuel Antonio for 2 days
-Drive back to San Jose for last day/flight out
Is this too much for 8 days? Are there better areas to visit?
Also, would appreciate inexpensive hotel/B&B suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sell me on Mexico for my vacation
- 2 Help me plan a trip to Mexico City and San Miguel De Allende
- 3 Costa Rica in January
- 4 Honeymoon - Costa Rica
- 5 Xunantunich vs Tikal
- 6 Puerto Vallarta
- 7 playa del carmen
- 8 Back to Oaxaca.
- 9 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 10 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 11 First time in MC
- 12 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 13 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 14 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 15 bugs in belize
- 16 Pollution in Mexico City
- 17 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 18 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 19 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 20 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 21 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 22 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 23 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 24 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 25 Nicaragua
HELP! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Costa Rica for first trip!!