I am a 31 y/o doctor in fellowship training making no money but am lucky enough to have a boyfriend who wants to take me on vacation in June for a week. He tells me I can choose essentially between costa rica, mexico, and the caribbean islands. I have never traveled to these areas so am trying to get some help in choosing what I may like. In general, I don't want to be surrounded by crowds of people in over-commercialized areas and don't care anything about night-life. However, I do enjoy good food and comfortable accomodations. We plan on spending part of our time on the beach doing almost nothing, but also would like to snorkel and have some planned activities. We don't dive. I love beaches but am not really a beach snob so I am sure it will be beautiful to me no matter where I go. We would enjoy hiking, etc. I am a runner so any beautiful places to run aside from the beach which I will thoroughly enjoy would also be a plus. Lastly, I would like some authenticity/culture to be a part of the experience. Appreciate any help!-Beth
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888~260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 3 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 4 playa del carmen
- 5 First time in MC
- 6 Back to Oaxaca.
- 7 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 8 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 9 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 10 bugs in belize
- 11 Pollution in Mexico City
- 12 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 13 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 14 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 17 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 18 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 19 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 20 Nicaragua
- 21 Winter escape
- 22 Entry into Cancun
- 23 San Blas
- 24 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 25 live from PV !