Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 2 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 3 Ultra Muscle Testo
- 4 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 5 Belize planning help
- 6 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 7 help with my itinerary
- 8 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 9 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 10 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 11 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 12 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 13 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 14 Book Today
- 15 Oaxaca City
- 16 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 17 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 18 live from PV !
- 19 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 20 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 21 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 22 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 23 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 24 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 25 Costa Maya beach