My bf and I are going to CR on May 6 for a week. We are flying in to San Jose and our hotel is in Manuel Antonio. We don't really need a car while we are there but we're wondering if it might be worthwile to rent one anyway since it seems cheaper than the transportation back and forth. We are pretty adventurous so I think we'd be okay driving there. Is it a difficult drive from San Jose to MA? Also the car rental prices seem pretty low. Is there an additional charge for insurance that you MUST take that jacks the price up?
Secondly, we want to zip line, horseback ride, ww raft, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for which companies to us and particularly for the zip lining since they seem to vary in number of lines and length.
Thanks in advance....
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 First time in MC
- 2 Back to Oaxaca.
- 3 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 4 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 5 bugs in belize
- 6 playa del carmen
- 7 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 8 Pollution in Mexico City
- 9 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 10 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 11 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 12 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 13 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 14 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 15 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 16 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 17 Nicaragua
- 18 Winter escape
- 19 Entry into Cancun
- 20 San Blas
- 21 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 22 live from PV !
- 23 five days in Costa Rica in February
- 24 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen
- 25 Costa Rica in April for 12 days