We had traveled to Belize in 1995 and went to San Ignacio, Dangriga, Southwater Caye, Placencia and Ambergris back then. It’s still one of our favorite trips that we fondly remember. We’d always wanted to go back. It just took us 14 years to do it! For the most part, we went to different places this time with Ambergris and Caye Caulker being the only places we’d seen before. Having read about the development in recent years and knowing that there are now cruise ships visiting Belize City, we had a bit of trepidation about what we would see. Overall, we had a really great time though there were a few disappointments as well.
My aunt joined us for the first part of our trip and left after Lamanai and my in-laws met us at Chan Chich for the latter part of the trip. The weather was cooler and windier than I expected as a cold front had moved in the second week. It was great for walking around and other activities during the day and kept the insect bites to a minimum (on our first trip I literally came home with over 200 bites). A little brisk for swimming but not bad once you were in the water. I brought a light sweater and wore it much more than I thought I would and could’ve used something heavier for the spotlight boat ride at Lamanai and night drive at Chan Chich.
I’ll just post briefly about each location and would be happy to answer any questions. Scroll toward the bottom if you just want to see photos.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 TOSHIBA PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACTTOSHIBA Techh care
- 2 Oaxaca restaurants - suggestions?
- 3 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen
- 4 Oaxaca City
- 5 Should we go to Los Cabos or Puerto Vallarta in July?
- 6 live from PV !
- 7 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 8 HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- 9 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 10 Belize planning help-choosing your guides
- 11 playa del carmen what to do
- 12 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 13 Belize planning help
- 14 help with my itinerary
- 15 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 16 Costa Rica by car or by shuttle busses
- 17 San Jose to Manuel Antonio NP
- 18 Spanish language course in Mexico City
- 19 What to do for 7 days in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- 20 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 21 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 22 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 23 Book Today
- 24 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 25 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
Belize trip report and photos Feb/Mar 2009