Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 2 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 3 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 4 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 5 Book Today
- 6 Oaxaca City
- 7 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 8 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 9 live from PV !
- 10 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 11 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 12 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 13 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 14 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 15 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 16 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 17 Costa Maya beach
- 18 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 19 escorted tour Costa Rica
- 20 Disturbing infor about Trip Advisor deleting reviews of sexual assualts
- 21 Which ruins.
- 22 Merida Restaurant on Christmas
- 23 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 24 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 25 Help with perfect/balanced itinerary in Belize