Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 शिकार epson PRINTER1800:681:7208 CONTACTepson Tec*hh care
- 2 Sell me on Mexico for my vacation
- 3 Costa Rica in January
- 4 Help me plan a trip to Mexico City and San Miguel De Allende
- 5 Honeymoon - Costa Rica
- 6 Xunantunich vs Tikal
- 7 Puerto Vallarta
- 8 playa del carmen
- 9 Back to Oaxaca.
- 10 What to do with an extra day near Tulum
- 11 Mexico City and Ravenna...who knew?
- 12 First time in MC
- 13 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 14 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 15 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 16 bugs in belize
- 17 Pollution in Mexico City
- 18 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 19 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 20 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 21 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 22 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 23 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 24 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 25 Oaxaca Suggestions
Hey all -