Zihuatanejo hotels

Aug 16th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Leah

Zihuatanejo hotels

My husband and I are planning a trip to Mexico in Feb 2003 so we have to make our decision and book very soon! We want to go to Villa del Sol, which I've heard great things about, but I'm really concerned about the inclusive meal plan. Is it worth it? We'd prefer to be open to other restaurants. We want to golf on this vacation, so if anyone has any ideas on other hotels, we'd love to hear it. We don't want to stay in a highrise, would prefer to be very close to the beach, and want to keep this under $5000. Thank you!

Aug 16th, 2002, 11:33 AM
huh?

"under $5000" for what? How many days? Is that your entire budget, or just your hotel budget?

Aug 16th, 2002, 11:58 AM
me too ?

re: $5000

How many days? This is for 2 people?

Does this need to cover air fare, hotel, food, spending money, transportation... all or some of the above?

Aug 16th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Susan

I didn't stay at Villa del Sol, but I didn't think you needed to buy a meal plan there. There are lots of nice restaurants in Zihuatanejo and I definitely wouldn't want to go AI.

Aug 16th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Leah

$5000 just for hotel/airfare. I realize we're looking into one of the more expensive hotels, so my hope is that it is worth the money, or we can find something just as nice with a little more freedom for food.
Anyway, we're currently looking at $3400 for 2 people to stay at the Villa del Sol for 7 nights. Since VDS includes meals, I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the quality/satisfaction of the food. After we add in airfare (from CA) we're just under $5000.

Aug 22nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
Melissa

We have planned a trip for our honeymoon to Zihuatanejo in November 2002. We, as well, didn't want the "high rise" lodging, fast paced tourist resort. We wanted something secluded with direct beach access. You may want to look into some secluded exclusive Bed and Breakfast Inn's. That is what we did. I'm crossing my fingers that it is going to be fantastic - I will have to let you know in December. I would suggest looking for such accommodatons at: www.zihuatanejo.net if you are interested. That is what we did - Good luck and if you come up with any great local info, I would appreciated it if you could please forward it to us prior to November. Thanks, Melissa

Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:37 PM
dan

Two Zihuat websites:

www.mexico-zihuatanejo.com
www.zihuatanejo.net

adios!
mexicodan
www.mexicomexico.info

Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:44 PM
angela

My brother stayed at Casa Que Canta and LOVED it but...as to the Villa Del Sol I did see a package for their property on the auction site www.luxurylink.com I've bought several packages through the site and they are legitimate. Their rates tend to be far better than anyone else but you have to get the one package they have.
Hope this might help

Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:25 PM
Marilyn

I have always stayed at the Sotavento which is much more modestly priced. It is on the cliff above the beach, with fabulous views and a lovely breeze off the beach. I think the Villa del Sol is overpriced. However, I have not been there for a number of years, so things may have changed. Maybe someone else has stayed at the Sotavento more recently?