Reload this Page >

Windy Hill Resort or Banana Bank?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Susan

Is Windy Hill better than Banana Bank for the first time visitor in August with a 15-year-old? Comments about either? Thanks. Susan.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:03 PM
Lan Sluder

I'd go with Banana Bank. The owners are special people with a 30-year history in Belize. There are animals to see (monkeys, parrots, a jaguar on the grounds) plus howlers and other wildlife along the Belize River. Plus there are horses galore. All in all, it's a neat place. <BR> <BR>--Lan Sluder <BR>Belize First Magazine

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 10:56 AM
peg

Dear Susan: <BR> <BR>I cannot speak for Windy Hill, but I can speak for the Banana Bank. Two of my friends and I were there this past March for a week, and we loved it. The ranch is centrally located, we did day trips around Belize and into Tikal. They have a great equestrian center, and the riding is unbelievable, even if you are a beginner. The Carr's, who own the ranch, are very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They have a jaguar named Tika, macaws, two monkeys, and lots of horses. The bungalows are spacious and clean. <BR> <BR>If you would like some more info, and/or pictures, please e-mail me. My friends and I really loved being there. Check out their web site for more information. <BR> <BR>Peg

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 02:58 PM
Susan

Did you take any tours from Banana Bank? Which ones and how were they. We've decided against cave tubing, even though it sounds great, due to time constraints. Was the tap water warm? Any surcharge to credit card charges? Thanks, Susan

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Peg

The tap water was warm. They do have a surcharge for credit cards, not sure how much because I just wrote a personal check at the end of the week. <BR> <BR>As for tours, we went to the reef snorkeling, San Igancio, butterfly farm, Xunantunich, Tikal, and the Belize Zoo. We did an all day horseback ride and for our last day just relaxed around the ranch. <BR> <BR>Peg