Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Who is Traveling Where & When in December?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I promised I would give a shout out to see who else will be on the Osa soon.
I will be at El Remanso Dec. 10-13 and BdC 14 & 15. Happy to meet any fellow Fodorites at happy hour or after dinner to share our experiences!
I will be doing a couple of guided hikes and probably rappell @ ER so maybe we will share an adventure as well. : )

I have been messaging with another lady on TA who is traveling solo and, by chance, we will be crossing paths numerous times in CR!
I love to meet other travelers, especially ones smart enough to prepare for their adventure on these great travel forums! HeHe

So if you're brave enough (crazy?) to travel during Christmas holiday, where are YOU going?
~ Tina
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM

Leaving Dec.10th for San Jose.Will spend two nites at Savegre Mtn. Hotel,Then back thru SJ and onto the Osa,where I will spend four nites at BDC,then One nite at Iguana Lodge.I'll be sure to look for you at BDC,and you can let me know how the rappell at ER went.I've talked my other grey-haired buddy into warming up at our local climbing wall next week prior to my departure,so I hope the rope won't break! LOL!
See you in the Osa!
Dave
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Dave ~ I'm sure that rope will hold for you.
Years ago I belayed for some hefty scouts on indoor walls and never had to scrape a teen off the mat! lol

I too arrive SJO the 10th but jumping on my Nature Air flight just 3 hours after landing. Will surely be a long travel day for me!

I know people recommend saving the Osa for last but I seem to always be the salmon going upstream (not necessarily a bad thing).
My 18 night flow is:
Osa(5) San Jose(2) Monteverde & Arenal(3 ea) Puerto Viejo(5)

Have mixed feelings about 1st time apart from my daughter for Christmas but I'm otherwise bursting with excitement! (have set us up on Skype to "be together" while I travel)

See you at happy hour on the 13th!
Tina
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 06:06 AM

We're getting into SJO on 12/21 and will be in Arenal, Monteverde and Manual Antonio through 12/31. Christmas in Costa Rica!
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM

My 26 yr old daughter are arriving at SJO the 12th and plan to take the last flight on SANSA to Osa. I'm really hoping for no delays.

We are staying at the Lookout Inn 13, 14 & 15 and Puerto Jimenez 16, 17 & 18 for day trips, then to MA for beach.

I appreciate the info from the regulars on this site - I'm sure you all have saved us from many mistakes.

I am so excited to get there and get there with no problems!
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

nancy
I can relate to the travel crunch - I have 3:15pm to Osa on NatureAir so added challenge of getting from SJO-SYQ.
American Air also kept changing my domestic connection in US so I now have bare 45mins between flights. lol

We can only be prepared & be hopeful. Travel does not always go as planned.
Have fun ~ Tina