which san miguel b&b or inn?

Apr 17th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

which san miguel b&b or inn?

i'm spending one day in san miguel in june before i head over to a language school in guanajuato for a week. i was wondering which b&b's or inns to consider. i'd like to stay within walking distance of the plaza because i won't have a car. also, what's the best budget-minded means of transportaion from leon airport to san miguel? bus or taxi? thanks for your input
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM

The Primera Plus busline will take you from Leon to SMA for $115 pesos (about $10.35 USD). As far as B&B's go, though, it would depend upon how much you're wanting to spend per night. (Also, keep in mind that the closer that you are to the plaza, the louder that the bells will be in the a.m.).
Apr 17th, 2005, 06:33 PM

tk,
Unfortunately to get to the bus station in either Leon or Guanajuato, you'll need to take a cab which is expensive for 1 or 2.
Shuttles run about $25. US per door to door (enter my "name" here or check www.tripadvisor.com Mexico/SMdA).
Casa Carmen is a decent B&B (communal TV and tel with B'fast and lunch incl)on Correo close to el Jardin and Hot Quita Loreto has functional small rooms in a parklike setting near the Mercado Artisanias - their B'fast is VG and Ole Ole (great inexpensive fajitas, etc.) is just N on Loreto.
M

Search this Thread