Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Where’ve you liked for all inclusive resorts in Mexico?! (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/where-ve-you-liked-for-all-inclusive-resorts-in-mexico-1677926/)

lenap223 Feb 20th, 2020 06:15 AM

Where’ve you liked for all inclusive resorts in Mexico?!

Help! My fiancé and I are going to go to Mexico the beginning of April. All inclusive for a week- we want to make a good choice as we just had a baby and aren’t sure when we’ll get the opportunity to go again. Stayed in Riviera Maya area the last two times- the Barcelo and princess resorts. We want good drinks, food, and a good mixture of relaxing, but not boring! Good resorts you’ve been to? We’re open to other parts of Mexico too! Let me know your experience and where you liked. Want to average about 1,400ish per person. Flying out of Iowa 🙂 Thanks!

Wilk67 Feb 22nd, 2020 07:32 PM

Last year we stayed a week at Secrets SilverSands in Cancun and loved it. The staff was awesome, doing lots of daily activities and evening events. The layout was large, multiple pools and bars, and there were more restaurants than we had nights! And its adults only (so also good for a bit of peace and quiet).

baldone Feb 22nd, 2020 07:35 PM

Since you haven't had any bites here, I'd suggest posting somewhere on Trip Advisor. Probably in the Puerto Vallarta forum, since there are plenty of AI resorts in the area. Or Huatulco. Or Ixtapa. Where in Iowa?

jamie99 Feb 23rd, 2020 02:04 PM

I've only stayed AI once, at the old Akumal Beach Resort, now remodeled and renamed as the Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort. Very popular and great snorkeling right off the beach but likely already sold out for April (you are leaving it a little late to book).
Are you taking the baby or not? Some places have baby clubs while others only have baby sitting for an extra price.

suze Feb 25th, 2020 11:23 AM

Actually Puerto Vallarta does not have all that many All Inclusives, like you find on the "other side". You might want to stick with the Caribbean, where you've been before and liked. If you are open to PV but interested in staying at a hotel, condo, apartment, or Non-AI property... I can help.

baldone Feb 25th, 2020 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by suze (Post 17069548)
Actually Puerto Vallarta does not have all that many All Inclusives, like you find on the "other side". You might want to stick with the Caribbean, where you've been before and liked. If you are open to PV but interested in staying at a hotel, condo, apartment, or Non-AI property... I can help.

Notice I said 'in the area', which would include Nuevo & Punto Mita in addition to PV. Plenty of AI options in the PV area.

Rohelio Feb 26th, 2020 01:12 PM

The Reef hôtel in Playakar (Playa de Carmen) in the Riviera Maya area.... great beach and by the way, there are plenty of AI in Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and around , we are here now.