Search

where to stay in QUEPOS!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to stay in QUEPOS!!

hi. just wondering if anyone has any recommended hotels in MA/quepos area... we're looking for a place that isn't too remote, possibly walking distance to beach and town...
checked out hotel costa verde and villas nicholas...
i've read the thread on costa verde...anyone stayed at costa verde I?
any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks much!!
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM

We stayed at Costa Verde I--B-8, I think. Corner, great view. Tully can help you better than I because her memory is better. It's a good value.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:51 PM

Staying at Villas Nicolas next week...I'll let ya know when we return.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM

We stayed at the Tulemar and loved it....
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 03:32 AM

Stayed at both places you mentioned and really liked both. As far as walking to beach and town from either... possible, a good hike, but not so enjoyable on narrow, twisting roads, with vehicles an inch from your arm. Catch the local bus for .25 or stay down close to beach at La Posada Jungle, look at maqbeach.com on their maps section to see where hotels are placed.
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 03:55 AM

I stayed in CV I, in room B7 I believe (contrary to what shillmac says my memory is not all that great lol)! Fantastic view, there are 2 per side so you will have someone & their patio to your left or right. If you do stay at Costa Verde, make sure to pay extra for the Studio Plus rooms, defintely worth it. One restaurant on site, one right across the street and El Avion a short walk up the road (tho I wouldn't attempt at night as I did). I wouldn't say it's walking distance to town (Quepos) or the beach/park, but a bus comes by every 20 minutes or so and is very cheap, plus taxi's are reasonable as well. There is a nice beach that isn't too far to walk to actually....Karahe Hotel is just a few minutes down the road and they have a nice beach there. Here are some pics of my first trip in2004 with a lot of pics of CV and Manuel Antonio:
http://www.pls.photosite.com/CostaRica/
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Sounds like good memory to me! Maybe it was B-7 that we stayed in. I just remember it was such a great view and I had taken your advice as well. Definitely the Studio Plus a good choice.
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

thanks for all the great info.
i think the girls want to stay at villas nicolas, so airwayvz i'll be waiting for your report!
any suggestions on which villa to request?
good places to eat? it seems si como no as well as costa verde have decent restaurants...any local hole in the wall places worth checking out?
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 11:04 AM

At the recommendations of others on these boards, we requested Villa 8 Down. It's a "Type 3" room. I'll let ya know how it is once we get back, and I'll try to post some pictures.

As far as an inexpensive place to eat, try Cantina Salsipuedes when you're there. It's located next door to Tulemar Bungalows...great little tapas place.