Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Where to stay in Los Cabos (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/where-to-stay-in-los-cabos-807816/)

jetsetgeorgia Sep 26th, 2009 08:34 AM

Where to stay in Los Cabos

OK, back again for another of my endless questions. I'd love some recommendations for places to stay in Los Cabos. Todos Santos sounds great, but I'll need to stay in Cabo and also San Jose. I'd love to hear personal recommendations to help me narrow down...

suze Sep 26th, 2009 12:33 PM

Do you have a map? There's three areas people usually head for flying into the Los Cabos area. The town of San Jose del Cabo, "The Corridor" a string of resorts in between, and the town of Cabo San Lucas, also a few resorts around the tip facing the Pacific past CSL.

You posted "I'll need to stay in Cabo and also San Jose"... do you mean you want to split your time and stay and two places on in each town? They're quite a distance away from each other.

MichelleY Sep 26th, 2009 03:30 PM

We have stayed at the Pueblo Bonito resorts in Cabo San Lucas. We have also stayed in San Jose at a few mom & pop type inns. Posada Terra Nova and El Encanto. These are right in the town, not fancy, but close to restaurants/shops.

welch Sep 27th, 2009 02:43 PM

When are you traveling and what are you planning to do while there?

suze Sep 29th, 2009 06:49 AM

Hard to recommend places without knowing a price range but this resort on Medano Beach looks perfect to me: www.clubcascadasdebaja.com

I you need something more economical I stayed downtown at: www.mardecortez.com

suze Sep 30th, 2009 06:34 PM

I guess we lost jetsetgeorgia?

jetsetgeorgia Oct 1st, 2009 05:32 PM

Sorry, you didn't loose me...well, only for a few days at least. I'll probably need to head down in late January, and I'll be doing business in San Jose, Cabo, and Todos. Price range is flexible (fortunately), but I'm really looking for the special places that don't feel like I've wandered into Orange County. I'm familiar with the area, and I'll have a car.

MichelleY Oct 1st, 2009 08:55 PM

There is a B & B in CSL called The Bungalows. We've passed it by and it look pretty cool. Much more intimate than a resort. If you are looking for something in Todos Santos, Posada La Poza was out of the way, but very nice also.

suze Oct 2nd, 2009 06:52 AM

both places I mentioned are Mexican feeling, not So. Cal. There's a B&B downtown CSL called Los Milagros that looked nice.
www.losmilagros.com.mx

jetsetgeorgia Oct 7th, 2009 07:43 PM

Thanks, all. Posada la Poza is supposed to be amazing. And I hear the Tropicana in SJC is good.

Jeff_Costa_Rica Oct 8th, 2009 06:10 AM

I just stayed at Posada La Poza about three weeks ago. It was easily the hotel highlight of my trip. If you don't stay there, at least stop by for lunch or dinner. Reservations are a must. Make it any day except Thursday; the restaurant closes then.