Reload this Page >

where to stay in Corcovado/Osa Peninsula, CR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 01:06 PM
tara

On a honeymoon, as part of weddingmoon, where would you choose to stay in the Corcovado/Osa Peninsula Region. I've heard lots of mixed stuff about Lapa Rios and haven't heard much about Casa Corcovado and a few other locations. <BR><BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:26 AM
Rose

Dear Tara, <BR>Congratulations. I cannot give you any information on Casa Corcovado but we stayed in Lapa Rios during our honeymoon in December. Altough it is a nice place you need to remember that cabanas are placed in groups and two or three cabanas share an outside wall between them and if you are planning on any activities on a porch of your cabana you need to remember other people may hear you. People next door complained we played music too loud. It really wasn't loud at all. We brought our own CD player as there are no radios. Also because the walls of the cabanas are open you need to be aware of others. Too bad we did not have this information before we decided to go there.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 08:36 PM
judie

We've just returned from 10 days in CR, the first three nights of which we spent at Casa Corcovado. We liked it very much. The grounds are lovely, the cabinas nice, and the staff friendly and helpful. Getting there is part of the adventure (35 min.Sansa flight from SJ, followed by 40 min. boat ride on Rio Sierpe and then 40 min along Pacific coast to wet feet beach landing. It has some nice rain forest trails on property itself -- we saw our first monkeys there and also blue morpho butterflies just outside out cabina. The 3 night pkg they offer provides a day of snorkeling/beaching/picnic on Canos Island. Another day of guided hike into Corcovado Natl Park (lodge is just on edge of park). If I were honeymooning there, I'd ask from cabina #1. We met some folks who had that one and thought it looked particularly isolated and romantic. Ours was half of the only duplex #14 -- nice to be way in back. Could sometimes hear our neighbors, but no big deal to us. The food here, though, is just average. But remember nearly everything has to be boated/flown in. <BR><BR>We were very pleased with Casa C and would go back. My impression is that Lapa Rios is still more upscale and more bucks. I'm not sure you go to the Park from there, but can see lots of wildlife on property I believe. We liked being able to go into the Park, and saw quite a lot both on Casa grounds and in park -- three kinds of monkeys, crocodile, anteater, coatis, agoutis, scarlet macaws, toucans, interesting fire flies, blue morp butterflies, small boa constrictor, bats sleeing in tree, and more. <BR><BR>If you have any specific questions about Casa Corcovado, email me.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:30 PM
camille

Dear Tara, I would recommend staying at La Paloma Lodge on the Osa Peninsula. We stayed there last May, our family of five and had a wonderful time. You must take a boat into Corcovado National park. It was lots of fun and we went there on two separate days to visit the park. I also can recommend the night tour in the rainforest. It was very interesting. We loved La Paloma. Have fun, the Nixons in Charlotte

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:09 AM
Mary

Tara,<BR> Have you checked out Bosque<BR>del Cabo? We havn't stayed there<BR>but are planing to. Has anyone out there stayed there? <BR> Thanks, Mary