Notices

Where to stay in Cabo

Nov 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay in Cabo

Trying to plan a short 4 night vacation in January. I like Cabo because I can get there by noon and still have a full day on return day. I've never been to cabo. The Westin has a great deal, $2200 for 2 people flight and hotel. Are restaurants close? I'd prefer not to rent a car. Will it be warm enough to catch rays by the pool? Are there any hotels that are nicer or in a better location?
Nov 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM

The Westin is way out on the "corridor" and not close either CSL or San Jose del Cabo, so no, it is not close to restaurants except for their own. As far as being warm enough, that is relative. It will probably be in the 70's during the day and chilly in the evening. I think that is fine to hang out at the pool but my husband thinks it is too cold. If you want to be close to restaurants,bars and nightlife, look at resorts in Cabo San Lucas proper.
Nov 25th, 2012, 07:52 PM

PS: we are going down there in a few weeks and stay at a Pueblo Bonito property.
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:19 AM
KVR

We are also going in a few weeks. Our first trip to Cabo, but have been to PV once and the Caribbean side of Mexico many times. We chose the Fiesta Marina due to location and proximaty to resturants and bars. Many within walking distance as well as to Medrano Beach. Plus, we wanted AI to help with those drink prices. We got a better price for 6 nights than what you quoted for the Westin. Many hotel pools are heated.

Search this Thread