Where to go Deep sea fishing

Sep 26th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Jason

Where to go Deep sea fishing

My wife and I are looking to go away with a couple of friends in March. We are all in our late 20's and wanted to go somewhere where we could do some deep sea fishing and enjoy nice beaches, good restaurants and stay in a condo or villa. If anyone has any suggestions on where we should go, we would love to here them. Thanks

Sep 26th, 2001, 07:27 AM
JRinPV

In Puerto Vallarta they have been catching 300lb+ yellowfin tuna and marlin. In Nov. the annual Sailfish tournament takes place.

Sep 26th, 2001, 08:01 PM
Big Gamer

PV can be great in November, that is if the current isn't 100+ miles away like it was for the last Marlin
Tournament-no fish taken-none!
In any case you asked about March and I'd have to say Costa Rica, not Mexico.
In March fabled Cabo San Lucas-which meets your needs in terms of beaches, condos, restaurants has water that is too cold for good action on the bigger species.
PV has some Tuna in March but it's a minimum 40 mile boat ride and many operators won't go the distance without an additional 'negotiation' about 20 miles out-PV boats are notorious for that kind of tactic/ripoff.
OTOH-Costa Rican food is poor at best, crappy at worst.
So if you're thinking of CSL try www.reeleasy.com a great bunch of Guys, honest & hardworking.

Oct 7th, 2001, 04:14 PM
the good guy

some of my buds just got back from costa rica. in 6 days they hooked 21 sails and 1 marlin.

Search this Thread