Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Where do Argentinians go on vacation? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/where-do-argentinians-go-on-vacation-102385/)

Sarah Jan 26th, 2001 01:00 PM

Where do Argentinians go on vacation?

Hi--I am wondering if anyone knows what the most popular places are for Argentinians when they go away.(besides Mar del Plato). I have heard that many stay in resorts in the Domincan Repulic. Has anyone had an experience where they travelled to a place where there were lots of Argentinians? Thanks!

General Belgrano Jan 26th, 2001 06:55 PM

Miami-I'm not joking they're crazy about the place, which tells you a lot about Argies and Miami both.

Dinho Jan 28th, 2001 02:17 PM

The rich one's goes to Punta del Este, Uruguay or any other sofisticated dest. <BR>The medium class goes to Florianopolis, Brazil. <BR>The poor people goes to Rio Grande do Sul beaches <BR>and <BR>the miserable one's stay where they are: in Argentina

Kevin Feb 8th, 2001 12:14 AM

Sarah, <BR>I was just in Punta del Este, Uruguay in January. I did not meet a single person from Uruguay because everybody on the beaches and in the clubs were from Argentina (mostly Buenos Aires), which is why I went. Dinho is correct about Florianopolis. Pinamar is also a popular vacation spot. Yes, Miami is raved about down there. Every time I'm in Spain, I meet one or two Argies also.

bubu Mar 23rd, 2001 05:32 AM

Many argentinians like to visit Margarita island in Venezuela and of course Punta del Este is the number one destination for people with money...When I lived there I mostly traveled to Florianopolis in Brazil and to Mar del Playa, my home town and most beautiful city in the coast.

Dave Mar 23rd, 2001 06:42 AM

Some go to Bariloche.

santiago Mar 25th, 2001 02:03 PM

Chile beaches such as Iquique, La Serena and Viņa del Mar are the favorite places for argentinians who live in cities near the frontier with Chile. <BR>Also the Lakes District(Pucon, Puerto Varas, Puerto Montt, Puyehue, Chiloe Archipelago) and Patagonia(Torres del Paine park) are their favorite places.

Larry Mar 25th, 2001 03:22 PM

My wife and I are from Santa Catarina <BR>in the southern part of Brazil. Florianopolis is the capital of this <BR>state. Argentinians are at all the beaches along the coast of southern states. But, we have never seen so many <BR>Argentinians in the city of Camboriu, <BR>the biggest Summer resort in southern Brazil. We went there last year and <BR>more than half of the tourists there <BR>were from Argentina. Wall to wall <BR>Argentinians in that resort. <BR>The reason is that the money exchange is favorable to them when they come to <BR>Brazil.

Ernesto Harsch Mar 27th, 2001 06:06 AM

This year everything is about to change. we have a program call "Expedicion Robinson" and is something like your Survivor series of a group of persons marooned in a paradise. well our version was filmed in Panama and i with 35 more people and of course an important number of tourists of my country will visit that place this year. I´m booking with Panama Travel Adviser, they give us a shoking 15% discount and they old me is very nice place and very cheap for all kind of people.... <BR>try them at their same name page...

kam Mar 27th, 2001 03:03 PM

Several Argentine friends. All go to Bariloche or to Punta del Este. I've never been to either, although I've seen photos of their places at both. Maybe they'll invite me sometime?? Bariloche is also the ski resort for BA.