Where are most of the waterfalls?

Dec 14th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Where are most of the waterfalls?

What area(s) in Costa Rica have the most waterfalls? I already plan to see the one called Nauyaca, and the LaFortuna waterfall. Just wondering on what other tours might I see waterfalls?
Dec 14th, 2003, 01:29 PM

La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
Dec 14th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Yes Suzie2, I'm going here, but I meant waterfalls in regions throughout the country. By the way, I signed up for the 'Highlights' tour through Costa Rica Sun Tours. You mentioned in a previous post that you went on a similar tour and stopped to see one of the LaPaz watefalls. So does that mean there is not enough time spent at that location to see all the falls?
Dec 14th, 2003, 08:02 PM

What you see is actually from the road. The road is the one that many people use to drive to the Carribean side. The waterfall is very close to the road. It is a popular spot for people to pull over to look at the waterfall. Many tour buses stop there for a few minutes. There has even been a little cart selling food there.
Another beautiful waterfall area for people going to Monteverde is the San Luis waterfall. San Luis is actually a little valley lower on the side of the mountain where Monteverde is. It is accessed from the same road that goes up the mountain to Monteverde from the Pan Am hwy. It is a tough hike and horseback is recommended. there is a research station with a lodge there in the valley. Sabines smiling horses are good for horseback riding.
I couldn't begin to tell you where all the waterfalls are. There are so many.
There are lots of them on the Pacuare River and you get to stop and play in some of them. Can't remember if there were any on the Reventazon but I'll bet there were.
Dec 15th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Suzie2, sounds like your highlights tour didn't spend enough time at LaPaz to see all the waterfalls. There are supposed to be 5.
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:19 PM

The highlight tours don't actually go into the waterfall gardens so you only get to see the one. To actually see all of the waterfalls there it is a separate tour. I may have taken the same tour that you are doing. We stopped at all the same places but added one more stop and that was the old burial ground that is near Selva Verde.
I will get to see all of them this year when we stay at the Peace Lodge in the gardens. We have the deluxe room reserved for two nights.