Where a family can stay in Manuel Antonio

Old May 25th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Lauren

Where a family can stay in Manuel Antonio

My family of 5 is going to Manuel Antonio at Christmas time. We want to find a place we can stay together with kitchen. Tulemar filled. Any suggestions? Looking at Villas Nicolas, Costa Verde and Casitas Eclipse.

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:38 AM
Robbie

You might also try looking at www.villasmymosa.com also a condominium, which is by far the best option for a family of 5.
I think Villas Nicolas is better from the standpoint of the view and all, but f they don't have avalability, try Villas Mymosa.
Best warm wishes!
Robbie
ther neighbor up the street!

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 09:19 AM
Ronnie

Try www.lunatica.com. Two wonderful privately owned homes.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:28 AM
lauren

Thank you for your replies. I will look into these hotels and renting a house (which I hadn't thought of).

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:01 PM
E

Check out Si Como No too... And, I would recommend avoiding Villas Mymosa. Not bad accommodations, but there are better for sure

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:02 PM
E

PS. Costa Verde has great live music every night from 7-10pm in the "railcar" across the road. Open to everyone, not just guests. Great fun

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Chris

We just came back from Manuel Antonio a few weeks ago. We were originally going to stay at the La Colina but left after one night due to the poor rooms and cockroaches (that's a whole different story). We moved to the Villas Mymosa which is further from Manuel Antonio and closer to Quepos which is not a big deal since the buses run every half hour for about 30 cents. The Villas Mymosa were very nice...clean (excellent maid service), spacious (plenty of room for 5 in their larger units), they have a nice pool area, full kitchen and the owners are very nice. If you are staying for over a week or two ask them to cut you a deal. Remember their tourism is down 10-35% depending on who you ask. Across the street is the Blue Monkey which is American owned and the food is great there. We didn't have a bad meal in Costa Rica in 26 days. Two things I can tell you about Costa Rica for sure 1)Friendly people 2)Great Food!
Good Luck,
Chris

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Carl

I too am looking for lodging in MA for a family of 5 in Dec. Regarding Si Como No, it would have cost us $1100 for 2 rooms for 2 nights. I'm sure it's nice, but that's a bit outlandish even for Christmas time.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Terri

Just returned from a 19-day stay in Costa Rica. During our stay, we spent 4 nights at Villas Nicolas and loved it. Our condo had a balcony with beautiful ocean view and a full kitchen (including oven and microwave). We watched acaratis (small toucans) and mono titis (squirrel monkeys) from our balcony while enjoying our morning coffee - all for $75 per night plus tax. The rates will be slightly higher in December, but it's well worth it.